Maybe you’ve been considering National Board Certification for years, maybe it has only recently been on the back of your mind, but in any case, now is the time to think about whether this process is for you! You are receiving this email because you attended a presentation including information on National Board Certification.
There is already a core group of local candidates—now might be the time for you to join them! This year, WEA Olympic will be offering support to National Board candidates on the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas. Cohorts will be offered for both teachers and counselors.
Our WEA Olympic National Board Cohort Kick-Off will be held:
Wednesday, August 24, 5-8 pm
WEA Olympic: 26297 12 Trees Ln NW, Poulsbo
Dinner will be provided and will be available starting at 4:45.
This session is required for all participants in the WEA Olympic cohort this year.
Click here to register: http://goo.gl/forms/MmS0uKEydgCLsiyh1
National Board Certified Teachers receive a $5151 annual stipend for the duration of the certificate (prorated at 60% the first year), and it is also pensionable. National Board Certification is one way to obtain a Professional Certificate, and ProTeach is another way. National Board Certification is a rigorous but doable professional development program which focuses on making a positive impact on student learning. You can earn clock hours for the process.
The National Board process has been revised so it is more affordable and flexible to meet individual candidate situations. Come find out more at our information session: http://goo.gl/forms/MmS0uKEydgCLsiyh1
At this opening session:
- Dr. Jim Meadows, WEA Certification Specialist, will be here to present on updates to the National Board process and the role of the association
- Learn about local, state, and national support available
- Schedule out your National Board work for the year. Which components will you complete? When will cohort sessions be held?
- Meet your facilitators and fellow cohort members
- Study and reflect on the Knowledge of Students standard in your certificate area and discuss ways you can increase your knowledge of students in that critical back to school time
We have four cohorts available. All four cohorts will be meeting together for this first session:
- A greater North Kitsap area cohort for teachers
- A regional cohort for counselors. This cohort will meet in the North Kitsap area.
- A cohort for teachers in Port Townsend, Chimacum, and surrounding areas
- A cohort for teachers in the North Olympic/Port Angeles area.
Register now for one of our WEA Olympic National Board Cohorts: http://goo.gl/forms/MmS0uKEydgCLsiyh1 Do you know anyone else who might be interested in National Board Certification? Forward this email to them.
Our cohort facilitators are NBCTs who have received OSPI facilitator training. All participants at this session will receive three complementary clock hours.
Questions? Please email WEA Olympic UniServ Director Leeann Turano at LTurano@WashingtonEA.org.